R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 08:11 AM
Casper
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
If you are a gearhead you will be good to go. Follow the manual and make sure you check out the build tips. I would go 5-5-3 with the diff oil (not sure if it's supplied in the kit...doubt it). Be careful with the diff screws. They apparently strip easily. Mine for the HD cases were fine but a LOT of people have struggled with them a bit.
I think a lot of guys that strip the diff screws are driving them in by hand and may not have a great tool. I use my hitachi drill and MIP speed tips and never had a problem but I can keep the tip square with the screw. I think guys that may not be using the a high quality wrench and then kind of wobbling the wrench as they screw in by hand are part of the reason for the stripping as the screws are pretty long and they are tight into the case. I recommend running the screw into the case once or twice before you build the diff to get the case tapped which is much easier to do with out trying to hold the case together and not letting fluid out.

Originally Posted by poolebay
Thank you Casper. I will follow your recommendation and wait for the Gen 2.

What tyres would you recommend for grass? Is there anything which is optimized for grass bashing and yet does not destroy the motor? When I hit the required number of posts I will put up some photographs.
It is not really the tires it is resistance from the grass blades. A very short grass is not bad. The Losi eclipse tire is actually a great bashing tire. It hooks up pretty good on most any surface. From a racing standpoint there is almost always a better tire but from a versatility and longevity standpoint the losi eclipse is hard to beat. These are the tires that came with the RTR.