R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 05:22 PM
ChrisWolfson
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by guss2009
Hey guys I have 2 losi 8ight 3.0 and I'm turning one into electric but I have a few questions and hope you guys can help me. I have the Tekin Rx8 combo 1900kv and installing the losi 8ight electric conversion kit all new. I also have the Gens 5000mah-40c-14.8v-4s1p hard case lipo battery. I'm new to electric and would like to try it out. My questions are

1. On the electric convention is there any mod I need to know or do I install everything that's in the package?

2. Do I use the 48t aluminum losi center spur gear that came with the buggy or should I use the one that came in the electric conversion package?

3. What pinion gear should I use? Package came with 2 different pinion gear.

4. Is there a soldering iron that I can buy and is not expensive that would do the job to solder the wires like the hakko or trakpower stations? I don't solder much so I don't think I need a soldering station unless its recommended.

5. What wire gauge should I buy? Tekin only sends 3 wires. I need the motor wire.

Sorry for all these questions. I want to get everything right and not mess the tekin combo up. Links, pics and any tips would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.
1. everything in the package is used. No mods necessary.
2. use the plastic 45t spur that comes in the conversion.
3. you get a 15 and a 16 tooth. generally the 15 is good in most places.
4. get the orange weller iron. cheap and HOT. i've always used it. here's a link - http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FQTd4AodhlcApA
5. you should have enough wire to get it all done with what they send, but if you need more, buy 12 gauge.

Good luck!