R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team C 1/8 GT car
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 09:28 AM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by scary_jerry
Marcus....I'm sorry if you took offense to my comment.........reread it, it is not written in a mean way......just factual. I would like to see TeamC/OFNA get their 'designers' to figure out that to make the car a complete joy, they have to sell the 'short chassis' with more emphasis. And if the aftermarket has seen fit to invent suspension arm 'stiffeners' they need to heed the message.

Just more facts forming 'my opinion'.
Oddly enough the short chassis is only popular in the US, the factory sells Long chassis on about a 4:1 ratio!

The arm braces are an upgrade and not needed, just another tool to tune with, the Serpent Arms are WAY softer than the Team C arms. If you read the last page or so on the Serpent thread you will see how much of a difference the braces make to the Cobra more so than the TeamC to be honest. When Chad installed his braces on a new set of arms the ride height changed 2mm, Tony's car was 4mm, Daniels car was also 4mm on one side 3 on the other, My car changed less than 1mm and zero in the back! IF you really think about it the TeamC car is actually meant to be more of an on road car and this is seen by a flat chassis with no kickup, and rear shocks already placed on the back side of the tower like the new Serpent kit that was just released!

Real joy IMO is a relative term! The only real bad OEM part is the one way bearing. Both cars have mediocre stock brakes, weak soft tranny mounts and soft arms. The real advantage with the Cobra is that there is about a 10:1 ratio of cars on the track so track support is great and you have a World champ driving it! Nothing i can do about that.

I am pretty sure everything i just posted are facts

Oh and no offense taken man, its all good!