R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 04-30-2013, 03:51 PM
5italkart
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
I'm there with you, Matt! Too many options, none really great.... I have made/mocked up four or five different types of rear ends but none are that promising.

I've been working on just about what you say about a the all gear drive. Was going to use an off-road diff unit complete. Now I'm not so sure it's worth the trouble. Some off-road headers are straignt (flat) and might be able to be reversed. I moded one for one of these things lol.

Another solution is using 32 pitch gears but they may be too weak. Just need t omake a couple more parts and I can find out!!

The Delta clutch has some good advantages, the main one is you can use really small pinions and probably get a usable ratio and still use the tires up! Down side is again the spurs (need 24p 20pa ~55 tooth, quick calculation) and the rear end needs a support for the outboard bearing and a bigger clutch bell to accomadate the inboard bearing......

Nothing is easy
boy are we brain storming. just a thought, do you guys think if there was a car and we put them in a place like pats we could get interest?. if not then the work is just for us, getting a bit nervous from lack of new interest at our club races PS if I remember, the cost of the edam was less than even the p8c.