R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Cobra GT
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 11:23 AM
chaderick
Tech Adept

My Serpent was awesome this weekend at the Novarossi Challenge. We had over 25+ entries in GT8 and the majority were Serpents. Prior to the race I replaced my year old front control arms due to them warping from use. I got to the track and after Round 1 of qualifying I saw that Tony Luna w/ Lunatic Racing Products had a set of control arm braces that he invented on his Serpent. I bought a set from him and was amazed on the difference it made on my car. I was surprised how much my control arms straightened out. Even the new front arms had some signs of straightening. What I noticed before even putting the car on the track was that my setup changed due to the condition of the arms prior to installing the braces. I had to reevaluate my current ride height and droop before the next qualifier. What I found is that my setup values had changed and I made the necessary adjustments. Even though the track conditions slowed the qualifying times I noticed immediately that the car turned better in the corners and made it more precise under high speed turns. What I like about the braces is the better feel for the car, the fact that I won't have to replace arms due to them warping under loads, and my setup will be more accurate from here on. I will post a photo of the braces tonight. These braces will soon be available thru Lunatic Racing Products (LRP) and will be available at GT8sports.com soon!!
Thanks Tony!! See you at the Texas Biggie on Memorial Day at Rendon, TX!

Last edited by chaderick; 05-05-2013 at 05:20 PM.