R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
The front pivot retainers need to have a slightly larger hole as well as being aluminum or harder plastic. I can't get my 2mm wrench in to adjust camber as the 3mm opening is too small and doesn't line up with the pivot ball.

Like this: http://www.amazon.com/Duratrax-Pivot.../dp/B001LVARHI but at 4mm instead of 8. I believe these are the correct diameter. 7mm is too big as I has some from my ABC mini to try.
Actually, I tried my CRC Gen X retainer (on manual, it is called Slotted capture insert)...and that fits perfectly with the SP1 steering hub....in fact, I think it has a tighter fit then the original one which I really like.

I am not sure we are both talking about the same parts....but I know my retainer on my old GEN X fits perfectly with a flat head screw driver to drive it in....I am not sure CRC made the aluminum version of that.

And I believed the latest model XTi used the same slotted capture insert...it looks the same from outside but I do not have one and I cannot say that for 100%....see below pic from CRC site.