R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 07:53 AM
hacker07
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drepus
The post is 3mm so you could use a 3mm locknut and a large washer on the front for now and just undo the rear one to change the battery.
The battery mounts use a 5-40 thread, not a 3mm thread just to be clear so for the meantime, you can use a nut and washer but its a 5-40 one. I only ever remove one thumb screw myself which is the rear ward one. I always leave the front one on.

Originally Posted by ta_man
First off, there are no 3MM or 5MM screws on the SCTE - it uses American standard hardware (except in the diffs).

That said, it is possible you used a ball in the steering link meant for a 5-40 screw instead of the ones that are supposed to go in the steering link which (the balls) are meant for 4-40 screws.

The balls are the same outside diameter, so it is possible to fit the wrong ball in the steering link. But then you will find that when you use the 4-40 sized ball in the place where the 5-40 sided ball was supposed to go (because you got them mixed up), that the 5-40 screw won't fit through the ball.

This is all assuming you are talking about the link that connects the servo arm to the servo saver.
Maybe someone mixed up some screws. There is a 3mm screw that comes with the car but it is used to hold the servo horn in place on most metal gear servos. Thats all its for. The screw going through the servo horn and ball and held in place with a nut is a 4-40 screw.