R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 04-24-2013, 07:35 AM
KHoff7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer robert
The 2012 carpet nats was an odd situation. Originally when F1 was offered the rules were going to be only direct drive cars allowed up to 190mm. To me it made no sense to allow up to 190mm but not allow the FGX, the reason that 190mm was ever brought up. Then, the national commity decided to allow the FGX and they did well with several making the A main. The F1 class did well too with a full A-main and half full B-main.

The class was TQ'd by a TRG and won by a Tamiya with the FGX getting 2nd place by decision of the race director.

The FGX actually crossed the line first.
Yeah I was 3rd at that race using an Exotek car. I didn't realize they adopted different rules for that race. But it did run well. Also with the 190mm thing, ROAR used their box to measure 190mm but all the "widened" 190mm cars would not fit in the box so everyone narrowed their cars back down. But in the end ROAR never even measured them during the race. Besides that it seemed good, but then again different rule set for a one time race.