R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 04-23-2013, 06:04 PM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
I see your point, except I would like rules updated to eliminate confusion. Most in the US refer to ROAR for rules. UF1 refers to ROAR for ESC and Motor rules, so if ROAR would update it would be useful.

A similar situation can be seen in the VTA rules. ROAR tries to copy the USVTA rules but doesn't want to require manufacturer specific parts, so they call for spec wheels and tires without mentioning HPI and require a 21.5 motor instead of a Novak 25.5.

I would like to see ROAR adopt the basic UF1 rules instead of keeping the out-of-date, pretty much useless ones.
Originally Posted by edhchoe
Maybe we should write to ROAR to adopt UF1 rules.

Your beating an old dead horse, ROAR isnt going to recognize F1 anytime soon UF1 is as good as it gets and to be honest who really cares what ROAR says anyway??? If they wrote rules tomorrow UF1 is not going to change anything! As far as organization goes UF1 is as good as it gets and there are no complaints about the rules. At the end of the day your local club rules are best anyway, there is very little cross US travel amongst the F1 crowd on a national level.
We (UF1houston.com) run UF1 base rules with the exception of allowing wide cars. Works for us and everyone has fun