R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Hpi Pro 4
Thread: Hpi Pro 4
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 01:45 PM
RCGaryK
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last night was the first in a local 5-track series here in Wisconsin/Illinois, and the Pro 4s did very well. I know Kevin Kane's car looked ballistic all night in stock foam, and the only 3 Pro 4's in stock rubber all made the show qualifying 3rd, 4th, and 5th and finishing 1st, 3rd, and 7th. I qualified 3rd and won in stock rubber and its the best this car has ever been. I ran the HPI 3mm chassis and 2.5mm upper deck and the car was super consistent all day long. Traction came up really high towards the start of qualifying, with many drivers fighting a traction roll condition. I was able to keep the car adjusted to where it needed to be and was able to run very consistently. I did have a problem in the 1st qualifier with the screws that hold the one-way gear on backing out (all 3, d'oh) and DNFed that run, but had a great 2nd round to get the 3rd best time. I also bolted in the Delrin diff halves...OMG, smooooooooooth doesn't do these justice. The diff action was awesome, much better than with the stock diff halves. The 2nd race of this series is December 11th, and I can't wait. The car has been getting better and better every single week.