R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]
Old 04-16-2013, 04:06 PM
snoopyrc
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
Now...if I can just get to the TRACK!

McAllister VTA Mustang - w/ new Grill and Taillight decals

Still have a little sizing work, but I put these on a body I already had painted and they didn't do too bad (need to do something different w/ the window trim decals though)

The paint job on this body wasn't very good, as the black bled really bad through the tape - and it was a quicky anyway... The tail lights were painted in w/ the mask supplied w/ the body - and I just installed a new decal over the paint job (missed a little) but that won't be an issue w/ one that doesn't have the tails painted in.

I made up 4 different grille styles - w/ headlights - w/o headlights - w/ "taped" headlights - and one w/ MOON EYES decals for the outer headlights

I can't really argue with details and since you made the shell you know it better than anyone, but you throw that thing on the track and look at it in the heat of battle and you will not be noticing that the black bled through. That shell looks just fine.