R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC Crew Chief Software
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 01:44 PM
speed6
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BobW
To calculate the Mass Moment of Inertia (MMI) for the rotating components is a somewhat tedious task to do properly. In the end the power required to spin up the rotating components is generally around 20% of that required to accelerate the mass of the car itself. If you want complete this then for every component in the drive train (axles, diffs, gears, wheels....) that spins you need the Mass (weight) and outside diameter of the part. The equation for the MMI of the part is C x Mass x (OD/2)^2 where C is a constant that is a function of the geometry. If you want to go complete these calculations then send me a email and I can provide more details.

Re CG calcs
1) you can use whatever height you wish but the higher the better. Min is 4" high.
2) Yes you can use aluminum setup wheels. Once you have calculated the CG height with the setup wheels on you will need to correct for the tire diameter you race with. The correction would be to subtract (setup wheel diameter - Race tire diameter)/2 from the calculated value.
3) The CG height measurement is very sensitive. If you go back a couple pages there was quite a discussion on this subject.
4) same as 3)

Re ARB
The best model to use is the "Wire Type" just straighten out the wire and use the total length outboard of the mounts.

If you are using the Front Blade ARB use the ARB calculator that is accessible from the Calculator tab on the main page not the one in the Chassis Manager. There is an error in that routine that will be fixed in the next update out shortly.
Re REAR ARB Measurement:

I have attached an image to make sure re the measurement that I need to take

L1 is marked in green kindly confirm
L2 I marked with an A and a B version, logically since its torsion force that B is supposed to be the right choice. Kindly confirm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ARB Rear measurment.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1056068