R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2013, 09:10 AM
Granpa
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by caltek1
Great work Bob. The MO5 is the fast car here now adays.
Thanx Calvin. The great work was in the chassis set up and I'm a pretty good Silvercan motor "tuner". I just think the M03 is more suited to the Tamiya track than the M05. I'm going to try developing a set up for M05 cause that's as fast as I can make the M03. My driving "sucks".

Originally Posted by rccartips
That's great news Granpa! Congrats on doing so well. Maybe the handout tires (S and A grip) do not match well with the M06?
Thank you too Joel. No it has more to do with the low grip surface. The guys have tried every tire available to us from ABC, Ride, Sweep, RP, Shimizu, and probably a few I don't know about. I rushed out and bought a kit like all of us. I'll admit to not even taking the wrapper off the box. Saw much better drivers than me really struggling with it.

[QUOTE=kwkride;12030395]It probably has more to do with the fact that the best drivers there happened to be running front wheel drive chassis'.

At our track there are a few of us running M06s now and the FWD minis that are running can't keep up with us. But I know that if some of the fast drivers decided to run Mini that they would probably beat us easily with whatever chassis they decided to run.[/QUOTE

No, that's not true. All of the fastest guys in our area have tried the M06 and none of them races it. I don't know what kind of track surface you run on, but the 06 is only competitive on indoor carpet and only in the hands of a very competent driver.

I'm happy for you that you're doing so well with your 06. I gave my M06 kit away and had a hard time finding anyone who wanted it, even for free.