R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - On road engine at GT car?
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 07:12 AM
desotoracing
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Xontroi
I am looking for a glow plug other than Nova. I am disapointed from the life of them.
I run in my engine about 2 litres of RB fuel 25% with about 15%oil for breaking in and i have already replaced two glow plugs. The strange is that the coil of plug is there and it has still a resistance when i measure it throught a multimeter but it can't fire up the engine.
When i put a new glow plug everything work fine for some ml of fuel and then i had the same symptoms. The glow plugs that i used was C7TF and C8TGH.
Now i run by using one RB 7 turbo CP-02 . It hasn't run a lot of fuel till now but i am afraid that it will have the same luck since RB plugs are the same with Nova's.
I found at the forum that i could try also Sirio,GRP Picco and O'Donnell.
But it wasn't clear the models of them.
So my question is what are the corespondive plugs of a Nova C8TGH? Also the colder plug from O'donnell is the 99T. Is it quite cold for a N21 7T or it is for buggy engines?
It sounds like you are running the engine too lean too fast during the break-in. We have a Nova C9TGH plug which will be stronger/tougher but we don't recommend it for the break-in process. The C8TGH should last the entire break-in (1 gallon). Going to another brand plug that is colder and harder to break is ok but what ends up happening a lot is that people run the engine too lean and damage the piston so be careful.