R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 07:03 AM
RC-Rick
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
We are both running alum rear hubs because we can. One of those things you do when representing a company is running the hop up parts. We have found the stock plastic rear hubs hold up just fine but can become brittle in cold weather. Otherwise they work great. C'snks were a little off but not to the point of not shipping the cars. I know Ryan is aware of it and looking into it.
Casper & Ryan, I don't suppose you would mind taking a caliper to your rear hinge pin to aluminum carrier and measuring both the the diameter of the pin and the inside diameter of the carrier? I ask because it looks like my aluminum carriers are .134 and the pins are .137.5 (including the newly replaced pins from HH CS). There really isn't a good way to mount the carrier to my mill so I'm considering either sanding down the pin in my lathe with an abrasive cloth or possibly using a reamer to bore out the hole to .138. Haven't quite decided yet, but I wanted to get a larger sample of that hole size.

Ryan, the aluminum carriers are 6061 or 7075? Do you by chance know what was spec'd for the diameter in that carrier hole?

Thanks again!