R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CSO-1 1/10 190mm Touring
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 07:02 PM
mjw
Tech Adept

I really liked how this car worked by the end of the day. I had someone with gear diff experience rebuild mine early on. It needed to be shimmed a bit to work properly. That was the first gear diff I'd ever built so I didn't know how to shim it. Once that was sorted out the car worked really good. I set it up using the basic T4 setup and by the end of the day I loved it. The Corally RDX, and Phi's I had previous were harder to set up to run this fast and when they were fast it was hard to drive consistently. This car was fast and easier to driver, and when I did over drive it and throw it in a corner too late it still kept itself in check when I cranked on the wheel. It might be a little soft on the front springs. The kit comes with 2.4's all around and I'd like to try something a bit stiffer in the front, but for the fist day out with this car I'd say it's well worth the price.

One thing that I'd suggest if you're like me and can't do a 6 minute race without stuffing it in a few corners would be to get a stiffer bumper for it. The bumper in the kit may be the softest foam used on an RC car bumper . I'm having one made up out of a harder material (thanks Martin).

Mike