R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 07:03 PM
goehm
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeW
So I'm frustrated about how to clean this thing. I went out on my maiden voyage in tbe 2.0. Much better than the old 1.0.

My receiver, esc and servo were covered in a layer of dirt. I spray the front anf rear clip with simple green, spray those areas off with water, use compressed air to dry and then spray the bearing areas with lube. Is there something I can use to clean the electronics to get the heavy dirt off? Hose them with contact cleaner?
Some of the guys at a local track (LCRC, which is also an ATV/cycle shop) showed me some Motul Motowash concentrated cleaner, and I've been using it ever since. 1 liter pump bottle is about $15 shipped, it's strong enough such that you can cut it 50:50 with water for 2 liters. Aside from being impossible to beat price-wise, it works really, REALLY well.

Works great to cut grease and dirt and super plastic friendly. Biodegradable.

For what it's worth, if the bearings are sealed I wouldn't hit them with lube. It won't really penetrate well and will collect more dirt. Also make sure you don't spray compressed air on the bearings as you'll inject them with grit which will kill them.

Motul link here:
http://www.motul.com/us/en-US/products/644