R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - On road engine at GT car?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 06:16 AM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Xontroi
My dear friends i have to write down about the progress of N21-7T on a Rally game.
Well after the break in of the engine, the temperatures were about 100 celsius with an ambient temperature 20 celcius and without a body on the model.Also the HSN was still at the reach side of mixture.
As you can understand it wasn't a good sign so i bought a head of Fioroni compatible with Nova and gave it a try.
The results of the new were unbelievable but i also get confused.
The temperature at the glow plug was about 70 C and i had to lean out the HSN by a total turn in to get about 100 C. The confused is that another temperature sensor which is hooked up at the side of the crankcase gave me 118 C at the same moment. I know that this sensor gives smaller temps than the real ones so you can imagine what it could be the real sensor. On the other hand when i leaned it out i saw that the engined cleaned out at the high RPM without bogging of less fuel and i still had some smoke form the exaust tip.
What is your opinion of all this?
I just installed and tuned that same engine at 235* with the stock head it runs like a champ! Dont be as concerned with the temps just make sure you have a steady stream of light smoke behind it and you will be fine for the most part. theoretically with a larger head you can run llean but need to be carefull with that because you can get to the point where the temps are perfect but you dont have the proper lubrication and it will die. only use temps for a reference point. here is that engine in a GT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jULsqCQlJBI