R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 07:38 AM
pickled
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JoeFkling
I am hoping to be picking up a kit next week. Never had a drifter before so it will be my first. Not even sure where to start with motor and ESC yet. Should be fun. Any advice on things that need to replaced from the basic kit right away or is it enough to get going and see what I need down the road?
You might want to get a Front One Way as well, also eunique I just installed a new centre belt and it's sloppy

Originally Posted by eunique
@Pickled
how are you liking those magnet mounts? I think I will go back to stock body mounts for now...the new drift track is quite technical and I am hitting rails and wall too much and with the blind spots...I need the extra protection that the body gives to protect my chassis.

I broke one of the lower ball ends on the lower arms and also broke one of the turnbuckles on the upper yokomo C arms for the KPI.
:-(
yeah I've broke a ball end or two on my KPI as well or just bent them when I've hit an obstacle like a pole etc, I bought a set of stainless lower arms off skr8pn and they came with some heavy duty ball ends with pillow balls in them. I do have issues with wind getting under the shell and lifting it off the chassis when I'm drifting outside. I find that if I hit something and it does come loose I just wiggle the steering a few times and it re-locates itself again.

Last edited by pickled; 03-29-2013 at 08:08 AM.