R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 03-27-2013, 08:59 PM
aarcobra
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Pinion and Suspension

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
I just noticed that I don't see the pinion gear on your VF1 car Ned; is it there? I assume you would need to cut away a small part of the lexan "engine" to make room for it as well as for the motor pod to move freely. Is that correct?

Also, that looks like the 3 Racing F109 front suspension, which looks good by the way; did you ever get the Tech Racing one from RC Mart yet?
No motor or pinion yet. I had to cut the "motor" to clear the spur and will have to relieve it more for the pinion. I'm waiting to get another F104 to use for this car as it was a nearly completed Nitro Machine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0328a.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1049297

You are correct the body has to "float" when the pod moves. I'm thinking of only attaching the interior and motor to the body to the front of the body top to allow easier movement. I have not mounted the body to the lower bracket yet and I'm afraid that may limit the movement. The parts are pretty flexible some maybe it will be fine. SOmething to test out!

It's the F109, still waiting for the Tech Racing part, I'll let you know what it looks like!