R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 07:03 AM
Cpt.America
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eper
couple things.. when using the ae spur gear and pads the plates DO HIT the spur.. i tuned my kyosho slipper plates with a drill and file,and a old top shaft and made them have a smaller outside diameter..free fix
second i asked about the droop issue about 5 pages back and someone said measuring the shocks doesnt do it. so are you telling me that all the 8th scale buggy setup sheets that tell you what length to set you shocks at to get proper droop are wrong.. i dont really thing so its all about what you start with and are using as a reference. its not wrong its just not the way you do it and as for my block technique you must have misunderstood what i was saying because it has nothing to do with up travel.. if you put your car on blocks at the chassis and measure chassis height then measure from the table to your say axles then subtract the difference that is a form of droop measurement. if you look at a rb 6 setup sheet the measurement most guys post for the distance from the shock eyelit to the cartridge is actually how you are setting droop but isnt a measurement of actuall droop
Yes, measuring shock length doesn't tell you droop at all. If you are hearing that term used, im sorry, but it's incorrect. It tells you one thing, and that is "shock length". If you all follow the same settings on your sheets, then you will get a consistent setup, but you are using the wrong term. I will have time to explain/type it out later, can't right now. Or PM me and I can give you my phone #, and id be happy to talk to you on lunch break today or something.