R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 08:25 AM
Casper
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Purdue Engineer
So I ran this truck last night for the second time, it is only my fourth time racing at all and I am really happy with it. I changed a couple of settings on my rx8 and loved it! The track is med. sized clay, bumpy, and mostly tight turns. I started with the book setup with one change. I used the 2 hole #55 pistons. For tires I used clay rattlers with the orenge panther foems.

When I started, I could control the truck more because of the changes I made to the rx8 but the truck was still sliding around like it was on ice. That was me punching the gas to free up the rear end. So I figured that the truck was just not rotating. I have also been looking for more off power steering mid corner. I changed the rear camber link to the 1 - A. So, raised it on the tower and brought it to the inside on the rear hub. Boy does it rotate now, I love it. The steering still wasn't were I would want it so I increased the droop to full droop front and rear, changed the front camber to 2 deg., and moved my front lower shock mounts in one hole on the arm. They are in the middle now. It is a lot better. A little more driving and a little more tuning and I think I can get it dialed.

I have a couple more questions for all you guys.
I need more side bit. At the end of the straight there is a little sweeper. I roll off the gas, and try to steer it throught the sweeper and the back end starts to slid and spin out. I then get back in the gas to straighten it out. I don't know if thats somthing I just have to get used to or if a little side bit will help.
Any other suggestion on steering mid corner?
The pistons that come with the truck, (1 - 5) what sizes relates to the numbers?
Thanks guys
Big race this weekend and can't wait to try more changes and get even faster.
Stock pistons.
#1 0.95mm | #2 1.00mm |#3 1.05mm | #4 1.10mm | #5 1.15mm

For sweepers with a 4wd car I usually tap the brakes to set the front end right before the corner and then roll back onto the throttle through the middle of the turn.