R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 08:32 AM
valk
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Finally pitched my new Tekin Redline Gen2 4.5 into the TE yesterday for a race. that motor was STUPID... i actually had to run -70 expo on the throttle to manage it on a 80x36 carpet track lol.
ran no boost at all and still had a bit of a power advantage from what i could see, though driving the lines with lots of horsepower im not used to was another story.

took 3 heats and no practice to get the 411 sorted out. ended up very close to stock but 3mm orh droop f, 3.5 rear and 450cst with yellow/grey spring combo. i didnt really think to try stiffer springs but the car was pitching over more than i would have liked and dragging the front of the body going into corners. but.. any stiffer and it would have been too slippery i think.
but all day in qualifying i was clearly a moving hazard to the more experienced guys in mod. by mains time, when i had somewhat figured the car out i was on the same lap only a second behind the major action happening ahead of me, somehow managed to get into third and stick it. second was maybe a second ahead of me still but i was too busy trying to keep the lines and dicipline with all the power.

i might also look to change escs for next season as my tekinrs pro had a couple thermals with the dragbrake which neutered two of my qualifiers alone. found a fan for the main but a bit disappointing.

Blake ran my other serpent in stock and his performance was pretty good with it for never touching the car before. he ran it with all my electrics and qualified second or third but had bad luck in the main. the gearmesh looks good but still roasted the spur off the line. he got hit and to add insult to injury, the bearings from the steering system got pushed out lol...
i guess ill have a look for some flanged bearings for the steering arms for both cars.

always nice to have a driver that can kick your ass any day of the week point out all the weak points of your car. somethings i can address going into the outdoor season