R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 10:39 PM
yz167
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I finally got my kit yesterday and I was able to support my local shop, Yeah! Lol ! Ok I put together the 1st differential and it is butter smooth. Just like B main said buy Mip wrenches if you don’t already have them ( I personally wouldn’t attempt to put together any kit with the included hardware, I’m still using my MIP wrenches from 1996).

I did take the advice of others on here and pre-thread the diff cases before I put the diff together just because it only took me 1 minute longer to do it this way. I think the theory is when the diff is empty (aka no fluid you can hold it vertical and horizontally to make sure your diff screw is going in perfect vs. when its full of fluid and you have to keep it upright. I’ll keep you posted on the center and rear diff to follow but I don’t expect any problems. This kit is 1st class and as far as I’m concerned LOSI has stepped up their kit game big time. It’s so funny how the instructions have changed since 1996 when I bought my 1st RC10B2. The kits have gone from a paragraph on each segment to pictures, LMAO

What an awesome kit, I can’t wait to drive it. B main and I are going to go tear up IERC or lake pegs, whatever comes 1st BRAP Brap

B main I'm running same electronics as you (RX8/XE4000) what pinion should I start off with 1st? The XE4000 I just picked up so its new to me…

I was waiting for the PRO4HD but at 200 bucks OMG