R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2001, 07:59 PM
mike_Webb
Tech Elite

Has anyone thought about putting the front shocks on upside down? Is there a advantage to doing this? Also I noticed on the Associated sit that the Untanium or whatever shock shafts are .35 long. Can these be used with the threaded shock bodies from Losi? When people say that they cut the end of the shock shorter by 1/8 inch are you talking about the actual shaft (threaded end of course) or are you talking about the ball cup holder that threads onto the end of the shock shaft? I think that I am going to buy the graphite parts for my car and then do some more milling of the chassis to reduce weight some more since I am racing stock. My friend said that one guy took the regular chassis and cut all the holes in it like the graphite kit, he then cut holes in the belt cover area on the chassis and covered the holes with a sticker. They thought that it would weaken the chassis and make it flex but they tested it and there was hardly any more flex and he did take on some bad hits in his race (modified) and the chassis held up pretty good.

Mike Webb