R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 03-14-2013, 08:07 AM
Rick Vessell
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peli
F103 GT front hubs run a hex setup,I'm guessing that they would be a good starting point for the VTA front wheels,or even just the FGX front hub,or the Exotek equivalent.

The rear axle hubs would be the stumbling block,seeing as there 14mm hex on the Tamiya axles,and the VTA rear wheels are 12mm hex.
Maybe someone could make a 12mm rear hub set,Exotek possibly.
Or maybe even get a machine shop over there to just machine the 14mm Tamiya hubs down to 12mm hex,probably cheaper,and easier to do.

I like the sound of this class,I actually broke some FGX front arms a few months in exactley the same way as the 'popoff' VF1 arms that will be used,it certainly cleaned up my driving,car handled fine,until I hit something.So,I stopped hitting things
They performed exactley as Manny has described,hit some moderately hard,and only 1 ballend would pop,car would still drive,hit something hard,and it was game over.

Good luck with yor new'old' F1's guys,very cool...especially if you could get VTA wheels and tyres on them
The F103GT had 12mm hex hubs also. If you can find them, that's what you'll need to run VTA wheels all around. Width may become a problem with the wider rear wheels though.