R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 12:23 PM
Corey303
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Tommy R
Yeah, that's probably true... Well, I hope they get on it soon! I want my steering and I'd also like to pick up some pulleys so I reduce the CS ratio.

So this past weekend some friends and I were drifting on a smooth concrete surface (parking garage). It was the first time my friend and I drifted our D3s. Eventually we got decent enough to hold a drift fairly well. The issue we had all day was with transitions. As soon as the transition started from one direction to the other, the rear end would just continue around causing a spin. We tried all kinds of stuff such as more/less throttle, immediate countersteer, but we just couldn't get it right.

I realize this will take a lot of practice and that's fine. What bothered me was that after hours it seemed we weren't making progress. Are there any basic tips or tricks that others are familiar with that may help us? We're still relatively new to drifting and there's no experienced drifters in the area to help us.

My buddy ended up taking out his FOW and reduced the CS ratio and said it helped. I plan on following suit.
I have been drifting mine on smooth concrete as well and i thought the FOW really helped my car. The best improvement for my sakura to get it to transition was a faster steering servo. I left my cs ratio as it came in the kit and it took me 5+ lipos for it to make sense after so much 50/50 drifting. Once it does it really is a blast to drive.