View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #15
hunts3lehigh
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTVLIVE View Post
Since VTA was invented by USVTA and those that raced at the Snowbirds may be showing up to this race it may make sense to just run 25.5 motors. Everyone already has them as most tracks run the 25.5 rules so no one would have to go out and purchase a 21.5....

Hopefully Tim can just contact ROAR and make it happen. If not, no worries. I know guys at our track are all set to run 25.5 as they assumed that the ROAR rules where pretty much inline with the USVTA rules, since USVTA came up with the class.

I agree with Jeff. Although ROAR may have 21.5 listed as "the" motor; anywhere you look for VTA motors, 25.5 is the standard. (see text from Novak)

I'm sure that the majority of people currently running VTA would already have a 25.5 motor or would consider purchasing one since it has become the standard; rather than purchasing a 21.5 motor that may be useless at other tracks adopting the latest USVTA rules.

Although USVTA rules also require a driver figure..... I'd rather go with 25.5 and no driver figure. Compromise of both rule makers.

Novak has partnered with Trans-Am: U.S. Vintage R/C Racing Association to bring affordable, reliable and undeniably quick racing products to the growing Vintage Trans-Am class. The Ballistic Spec Brushless Motor 25.5T – VTA (#3625V) packs on the speed and the features. It contains an easy-to-adjust timing assembly, boasts a removable shielded sensor harness and is completely rebuildable, right down to the hardware. And for those who already own a Ballistic motor, a Ballistic Hand-Wound Stator – 25.5T (#S6625) is available and can easily be installed. These impressive Vintage Trans-Am products meet the Trans-Am Association’s guidelines, and each motor is equipped with a unique blue, anodized sleeve to differentiate it as a Vintage Trans-Am specific product.
hunts3lehigh is offline   Reply With Quote