R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 11:23 AM
eunique
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommy R
No kidding! I'd be thrilled if I could drift this car that well! Your car looks so much more composed when transitioning from one direction to another. Good job! I think for me, it'll be best to reduce the CS ratio and learn to drift it like that and then gradually increase the CS ratio to where it is now.

I will agree with you that the FOW definitely made it initiate turns much better in tighter spaces. The issue is that our tracks aren't really very small. And it seems it's much more difficult to execute a transition when the car is moving faster. At least for me it is!
haha...wow, thanks! they have remodeled the track since that video...narrower now and definitely harder with some blind spots. so, now it seems like i'm learning again all over. but, it's still fun.
no, i'm not that good...but, i like to practice as much as you can.

sure, there's no negative thing about lowering the CS ratio...practice, practice, practice is the key. Now that I went back up to 1.99, my D3 seems a little more twitchy...maybe it's just because of the higher ratio or maybe I need to revisit my settings. But, more practice is helping me.
but, i'm learning to use the CS of the car more with the drift. sometimes it's hard and you want to pick up speed..but try to be patient and try to go slow and smooth at first...then as you get comfortable with that..start picking up speed.

when I get a chance, i will try to make another vid with the new track. I did post a short one a page or two back..of just the new track layout...i'm not good enough to post a vid of me drifting on the new track.
:-(