R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CSO-1 1/10 190mm Touring
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2013, 08:06 AM
Geberit
Tech Fanatic

But if you consider self a serious racer you get a T4, TRF-417 V5, BD7, S411ERXY. When I go to an ETS race, Euros or Worlds these are the most popular cars. They have good factory team drivers and developers that tweak the chassis set-ups and do the support for the regular drivers.

If you buy a T4 for 420€ or an XXX for 280€ that's 140€ difference. If you buy 10 chassis per year that would be a lot but usually an average racer gets 1 per year so that's not such a big deal. + as mentioned before a T4 its durable, every thing fits nicer, you get factory support, parts are at the local store and so on.

If I consider that 1 set of tires is 25 - 30€ and I use three NEW sets per racing weekend on asphalt that is 90€ in one weekend! 6 races at the nationals 18 sets only for racing means 450 - 540€ only for tires! And the hotel rooms, traveling costs, entry fees ....

Everyone who in racing should sum up the costs per year and compare them to 140€ off on a cheep car that is most of the time PITA

If you visit a track only now and then for fun then I would consider a car like this.