R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec-R R1
Thread: Spec-R R1
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:26 PM
tiago890
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
I have also broken an outer hinge pin. I think someone has mentioned they have also. I am assuming that the set screw may have been over tightened? Or, that is just a weak point in the kit. I am thinking of trying some Tamiya titanium nitride coated pins.

You'd have to share the rest of your setup to see why you are rolling too much. But, I've had too much roll also and I am running 2000 in my diff. I am going to be testing out 3000 and 5000 this weekend. Our current track layout has a lot of S turns so it should be a good test bed.
I was also thinking about either going with the tamiya or possibly try to find a Xray pin that might work,
I am running very basic setup, 3000 diff fluid, -2 camber f/r, -4 toe in back, 0 toe in front, 35 wt shock fluid all around, stock r1 springs, 5mm droop and 5mm ride height, everything else is basically setup from stock. I get around the more technical turns with out a problem, it when I am going into a 90 degree turn after straight away the car seems to either roll or go onto 2 wheels before settling. I also know there is a possibility that my car is doing this because it is unbalanced, but I am not to sure how to get the car balance with out breaking the bank to get a fancy setup station or tweak board. Any suggestions... Local track is have a big race 3 weeks from now so I'm trying to get this right.
Any help would be great..
Cheers,