R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 03-10-2013, 02:33 PM
daleburr
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Quantra
Thanks for the replies. This is very interesting...

COBRARACING I take it from your reply that in theory running the 930 firmware with 0 boost and 0 timing it should perform the same as the 508 zero timing except the LED will not flash?

daleburr I take it from your reply that in practice running the 930 with 0 boost and 0 turbo is infact faster than running the 508 zero timing?

This is what I did not want to hear...

As I said I do feel that 930 with 0 boost and 0 turbo is faster but I've never tried them back to back. daleburr confirms that with his dyno test but if the official answer is they should be the same bar the blinking LED then there must be something which means the 508 zero timing is slower than it should be? I was rather hoping to hear that 930 has something like 5 degrees static timing as standard but 508 zero timing does not. Then I could understand the difference and rest easy that my ESC is running as good as it can.

Unless... daleburr have you tested other blinky ESC with your dyno? Would you say it's a deficiency in the 508 no timing or something with the 930 that makes it faster, which is causing this difference?
I've tested one other blinky ESC on the dyno, and its performance was very similar to the Hobbywing with 508 firmware, so I think the 508 is doing exactly what we expect. But the 211 firmware that I tested (which should be similar to the 930) is doing something different. I've tested it on two types of dyno (flywheel and slave), and both confirm these results; the 211 with boost/turbo at 0 is still more powerful than the 508.