R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 04:54 PM
TCCustoms
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bashdj
As said, use the HPI Z449 screws they are a proven fix to the problem!
Enjoy your 2.0!
YES, these screws will make it easier for anyone with the bigger head, i didnt have a problem with the stock ones as i used them to thread the case and used the Z449's when they got here.

For anyone waiting on the kit...this means go order them now or have yor LHS get them for you, AND THIS IS THE LUXURY of not having your kit yet as you can hear of what issues people are having and plan your way around it

Originally Posted by Blown up
Always great to see 8 new rims that need 8 fresh tires and foams! Maybe I can get a 2 for 1 deal on those...
I'll sell you both sets or rims and the 1 set of beadlock rings if you want them...PM Me, dont post here

Originally Posted by xxfile
Our LHS found the info Horizon wanted to be extensive and demanding from the point that they wanted to have the biggest %age of stuff in the store...
You cant blame Horizon for wanting that my concern is that MOST small shops just think that the info they want is none of their business so they didnt do it.

This might reward the shops that do but it seems most small shops didnt do it.
It leaves the end user with a bad taste in their mouth regarding Horizon. It would seem that we who wish to support our LHS as it is small and if it goes I am travelling 45 min to buy Nitro or parts.
Level playing fields create fair business
Early releases and Bigger discounts put the little guys out of business.
Pissing off 20 LHS for each HCP shop doesnt get Horizons product out there.
I live in an extremely small town and my LHS doesnt even do online sales, all local and he does BIIIIIG business with HH...i was blown away with the $ amount he said they buy and he was suprised when he talked to the CS people at HH to see where he was at when they implemented the new system but he has his prices LOW and this allows him to sell more which means he buys more...some shops mark up it whats hurting them, not HH's program

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Holes in the rims do nothing for getting water out. The centrifugal force makes the water "sling" to the outside of the tire, hence adding holes to the tires. When you spin the tires after washing, the water will free itself from the holes in the tire. Holes in rims do nothing but allow water into your foams when washing. Either way, no matter what rims you have, it's always a good idea to punch 2 small holes into each tire on opposite ends.
+1 and i do it this way as we run on all surfaces(but clay) and dirt is the worst...when going over bumps and jumps the holes in the rims will suck the dirt in and its hard to get out even with the holes in the tires. I have seen people put a fabric over the holes in the rims and CA them which allows it to breathe without dirt entering....it was a light material like panty hose or something.

I have since plugged the holes on all my rims from now on and punch 3-4 holes in each tire with my $3 leather punch from TSC and havent had even the slightest build up yet to where before with the holes in the rims...within a summer the tires were like rocks and soo full of dirt we just threw them out(more than just me)