R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by amuse
Hi guys. Wondering if You guys a able to provide me with some opinions.

Currently I have a Top Photon and quite happy with the car. But have the itch of getting a new car and obviously the 411v2 is being considered. The other I am considering is the xray t4.

I know opinions here will be bias but the things I like to know is if there are known issues I should be aware about if I did choose the 411. Does it actually run well in a carpet indoor track? Any parts that are slight more fragile so that I should have a few spares on hand just in case?

Also, any suggestions as to what upgrade options to pick up?

Sorry for the long post, since both chassis to me at this moment is on a rather equal ground.

Thanks guys
I'm thinking you actually mean the S411 2.0 Eryx....give this a read as it covers pretty much everything I ran into on the build. http://www.serpent.com/news/13643/Se...by-Gary-!.html

After that I can tell you that I usually run a hard front bumper, but with the 2.0 car, I have been running it in the stock form, (no hard bumper) and the re-fined arms are very, very strong. The track configuration we run here right now, has one corner thats a high risk, high reward corner, and it will take a corner off the car in a flash. The stock 2.0 car has been easier to drive so I haven't hit the corner as much, but still have hit a few times, with sustaining no damage to speak of. Same corner on my hard arm S411, a c-hub and a steering block. My friend with his xray, with a hard bumper, hard arms, has taken a front corner, rear corner, and a c-hub on the same corner. Now you could say its just the luck of the corner, but the new car is still on the original parts.

If I where to get any upgrades, I would consider the DJS axles, although I'm not happy with any of them on the market, but at least the Serpent ones aren't crazy for pricing. I would also consider white springs. The rest is really not needed from the out of the box kit.

I only run on carpet and have several hours on the new car now, other than a spring change, playing with shock angle, and rc adjustments the car is very good on carpet.

I should have a setup to share after the weekend, as its another WCIC series race for myself.

Hope that helps, anything else please feel free to ask on here, we are lucky to have a pretty good group of racers on here.