R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Shepherd Velox V10
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 12:09 PM
YmeBP
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigtee
Tony from Baltimore. whats has change on the v10 or what have you and Gmac done to make the car better i have been thinking of buying the chassis ec kit but $250.00 is a bit much for just a new chassis and top deck and a few parts. Gmac said that in April the are coming out with a new car if so what are the changes?
Great to hear from you man!! Can't wait to hit the tracks this summer hahah.

First part What did I change:
1) I am using an aluminum chassis brace with the same kit/setup you have. I find that i prefer my car stiffer in the chassis and then i tune w/ suspension changes ie shock oil and springs etc. I'm not a high enough skilled driver to leverage the flex consistently. However i've seen it put to good use and it works and works REALLY well.

2) Gmac ran the EC setup so I'll let him answer those questions, I found that watching his car he was super flat. He was able to tune his car a bit easier than i was able to tune mine. Meaning he seemed to be a little better balanced. Where i ran soft he was able to go a little harder and get more rotation in the corners. I can also tell you that I finished middle of the pack at the winternats w/ basically the same car you have (had some traction roll issues because i cut my tires too tall when the times for the mains were changed). To me that speaks volumes considering the level of competition that was on hand. Gmac was a bit quicker than me so you may want to take a look at the upgrade hahaha.

3) I can't answer that one for you, i can tell you that i'll be in germany in a couple weeks and we are planning to stop by the factory and i'll post whatever pictures i'm allowed to take =D. Shepherd USA has the EC kit in stock and will have the new kit shortly after release so you will be able to make an informed choice.

Depending on what's available and if my wife will let me build it hahaha I may be running the new kit at Fiorano in early April.