R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team C 1/8 GT car
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 05:40 PM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by YLLIB
I am really trying to follow what is out there already, I really do not want to but a cap on the engines that you run just yet for the first race unless everybody that signs up wants too, but I would really like to keep with the rules that are followed around the country if there is any. We have 3 or 4 guys in our area and they just want to race and get the class going so I want to invite as mush as you guys that would like to come. It is a awesome facility IMO.

I will take all the help towards rules if you wish to inform me. I know nothing about the class yet or rules of the class.
Thank you guys for being so kind....

The class is evolving but there has been no issues with motors , the cream will always rise to the top so you can limit motors if you want but then you will have guys that will modify them and then you will have to find the man power to tech engines and the fun just goes out the window! It has been proven that it really doesnt matter what engine you run but most are running on road med/ high rpm engines, the new Maxy Cinco BT is a basic 5 port offroad engine that has been modified to compete and it is up there with the best.The high RPM 9 port engines have no bottom end so the only advantage they have is on the straight and we all know that means nothing!! Our SWCS has no engine rules nor did the Homestead international event or any other major GT event in the future. With that being said:
Allow any Factory GT car (Kyosho,DM1,TeamC,Serpent)short or long WB
and allow conversions as long as they base off of a buggy and are shaft drive(Xray,Mugen etc etc)
open engine .21-.28max
3500g minimum weight
150cc fuel tank max
rubber tires
GT body

IMO if you leave it at that you will get the most entries, i can tell you now that if you limit engines your entries will fall. leave that for club races