R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 03:32 PM
jgraham37128
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdwilliams1
Well, I guess I don't know how deep you guys get in racers and attendance... We often get 20-30 vta cars on the weekends. Everyone in the A-main deserves to be there, and if you're running sixth out of 10 cars in the A or B it's prob because you bumped the wall or got in a pileup, not because you're dog slow. You're only one crash away from having the leader switch spots with you. You race to win. If the leader really is that much better and faster, he should have the skill to pass you. Letting him by you in the main isn't being courteous - it's giving up. I'm not saying block on purpose or punt him to the wall or anything. Hold your line. Drive your best. Race to win.
Yes, but if you're getting lapped it means you've already messed your race up and the guys coming behind the leader is able to gain on him because you're holding him up. Where we race if you're getting lapped just move over and let all the lead cars come thru as they come up on you. They are the only one's still racing plus the goal is to race without hitting something rather it be the wall or another car. If you do this you shouldn't be getting lapped!