R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Understanding Tuning: Introduction to basic tuning for racing
Old 02-26-2013, 12:41 PM
ritojr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I love this as I am one that struggles with knowing what my changes are doing to the car. After reading this I am still a little confused as to which rear traction I need. I have a sc10 and have always struggled with rear traction. I have too blindly thrown any setup changes regarding rear traction into it and consequently have a car that tends to be out of whack. My truck is very very loose on throttle (specifically mid corner to exit), no tire changes or setup changes I have done have every really solved it. Now I realize 2wd in nature has limited rear traction, but mine is unbearable. Now also if I am coasting through a corner or lightly on the throttle (entry to mid) I have quite a push.

My guess is I have probably added/taken away side or forward bite with all my changes. What I am guessing I need to do based on what you say is add forward bite to help with the exit and straightaway rear traction, and perhaps reduce some side bite due to my push when coasting (and perhaps add some front traction which I never do out of fear of making my rear more loose). Let me know if I am understanding you correctly.

Overall, I really appreciate a thread on this. Great info!