R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TAMIYA M-06 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 04:30 PM
Raman
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mini35
Yes, I saw the blue link bar hiding in there. Are the steering post top caps also alloy? I have bought the silver link bar and steering arms for my R (which is still in transit from HK) but was thinking I needed the top caps too.

It's a real shame that having gone to the trouble of introducing this red theme Tamiya haven't made Hop-ups available to match. For example I have a blue rear shock tower and gearbox plates on my blinged up standard RX7 M06 but IMHO they'll just look odd on the R as unlike the steering bar they're very visible.

One more question, does anyone know the part number for the rear shock shaft I need to run with 54000 shocks on the v2 carbon tower? Running without an internal spacer and on Pit Shimizu tyres (not 60Ds) I only have 3mm ride height and she's dragging her ass on the bumpier bits of our track so I'd like to lift it up to 5mm like my FWD cars.

Thanks all.
Ok here we go

1. Rear shock piston 9805504
2. Pit Shimizu: I run the racing slicks 55D. One piece of advice, throw their inserts out and use sweep pink mini insert.

What shore are you running?

3. M06R is a limited addition kit. You can always tell when Tamiya assigns a 5 digit kit number that starts with an 8. So I doubt there will be many additional hop ups in red.

Colour wise, red and blue actually match. As I type this, I'm wearing a light blue shirt with a red tie that has blue patterns on it lol. I make my RC money by taking wealthy folks to the cleaners when they need clothes

If the blue bothers you, you can de-anodise with an oven cleaner like greased lightning or liquid drano

Last edited by Raman; 02-25-2013 at 04:41 PM.