R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 05:10 AM
ridgeracer
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boadazofa
well i had my first run with the dex210 at a 2day event at bordertown, Australia. I was a bit disapointed with the 210 as i just couldnt nail a setup! My 410 was awesome got 3rd overall with that one.
I just couldnt get the rear end grip i needed and it wouldn't turn that well as there was lots of left and right turns. I tried changing lots of thing to try and get grip and below is the best setup that worked for me but i am still not happy need more rear grip as the car would just keep looping out on me if i was to heavy on the throttle! which wasnt much at all!

The track:-
medium to long size dirt track which generally was dusty! lots of jumps and turns.

My setup:-
RM3
9.5t no turbo or boost
std size lipo all the way back because there was even less grip forward!
stock springs with the 6 hole pistons with 450front and 400 rear oils. I will be changing to 4 hole pistons.
gear diff (not sure what oil as i didnt build the car)
Tires where the same as all the fast guys that seem to have plenty of grip.
23/87 gearing

The 1 thing that i did in the 6th qualifier was to shorten the front links after some advice from another driver and i must say that made the biggest difference It would finally turn in the tight stuff and it seem to give more rear grip! but it was to late by then!

What should i try to do next as i am a bit lost at what to do next?
what oil should i use in a gear diff for a dusty low traction dirt track?

also need a link to where i can get the alloy rear camber brace as i broke the std plastic tag on the tranny case!

Here is a link of a video i made of the racing my 2wd isnt in it but my 4wd is orange black and silver one that is having a 3 way battle with another 410 and a kyosho!

http://youtu.be/eJ-8wCCYDTo

Thanks for any advice you can give me to try and get a better setup for my car!

peter
Hi !
My 210 is night and day using geardiff/ balldiff on that type of track. I too need a fullsize lipo to get the car planted. With a shorty its wheelies on the long straight and spinning out in the corners. Seems my 210 like to be fat.. Try a balldiff and use the geardiff for carpet and astroturf.