R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - World GT - WGT - 200mm Pan Spec
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 04:34 PM
YR4Dude
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Okay, I'm almost done building this WGT. I said it was going to be a slow build. All I need is to paint and mount the DB9 body.

My rear pod top plate originally is the stubby one with the shock ball end hole behind the damper tube ball end holes. Because I have changed to an inline battery position, the shock needs to mount more forward like the newer WGT cars. I looked in my parts bin and found rear pod top plate from a BMI 12R that has the shock mount further forward. The screw holes match the Speedmerchant pod but just only the 1st two holes because the hole spacing (front to rear) is different on the Speedmerchant than on the BMI. Side to side (Left to right) the hole spacing and position of the plate matches. So its only mounted on the pod with just two screws instead of four. Will this hold? Is the additional two screws necessary to mount the rear pod top plate?

I would order the proper part from Speedmerchant but its a $9 part and they charge $9 to ship. If someone has the part to sell and would ship for the cost of a postage stamp, I would appreciate it.