R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 09:15 PM
DesertRat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arahawak
Oops.. Seems like the discussion got quite heated but thanks for all the information.

I was planning on getting a great offer off an almost brand new S120L and lotsa of other stuff.. I knew the L is quite dated and just wanted to know if it worth the while to do a conversion or just get the latest kit, the LTX.

Because I am quite new to 12th, I would like as little hassle as possible to 'convert'. Having read most of the posts, I think I might just saved up a little more and just get the latest kit and save the hassle of doing a conversion and later missing out on parts that is required and not being able to run.

No offense to any conversion manufacturers. I think their work is awesome.
If you can get an S120L with extras for a good price as your first car GET IT. the 120L is more than good for everything but winning the world championship, and is, in my experience, the easiest, most forgiving 1/12 I have ever driven. Any setup, any surface, any (reasonable) tire combo, and the 120L will let you run. It also has a great diff, it uses a side shock which is very consistent and easy to assemble, and there are no aluminum screws to strip out. It is a robust, easy car which can win.