R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 AM
hacker07
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
What's everyone's general opinion on the hard anodized ball ends? Anyone know why they didn't just go with SST or titanium? Hard anodizing is a surface treatment that doesn't actually strengthen the underlying metal at all. It just provides a wear resistant coating around the outside. I've got hard anodized shock mounts on my AE's that mate with a plastic shock cap. The shock mounts are pretty much disposable. My SCTE's original aluminum balls are pretty well done and I'm trying to figure out whether to replace them with the HA ones (silly expensive too) or go another route.
The HA balls are 7075 whereas the stock balls are 6061. If you switch balls, its a good idea to put new ends on so that the metal impregnated into the plastic doesnt harm the new balls faster. The HA balls are used everywhere ont he SCTE 2.0 except the sway bar balls as those dont wear. These are the same ones we use in all of the TLR vehicles.

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
Horizon dealer site says ETA 3/1.. thats all. It might be later though, but that is what the site says...
QC'd the first batch last night and they are good. Haev to get them in both warehouses now and then we will start shipping.

Originally Posted by RC-Rick
Thanks for the quick response Ryan. I just received the titanium screw kit and wanted to know if it's a 100% swap ( I.e. diff and diff case to chassis)?

Getting ready for the 2.0 parts.....
I wouldnt use them in the newer differential cases. We made those holes tighter so they did not strip out and its no bueno for the titanium screws, lol.