R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Drift Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 AM
rudeboy03
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stangas
Hiya all... been reading this thread, but thought i would ask questions before i got to the end.. so apologies if mentioned.

I have a carbon fibre and alloy TT-01.. been using it with VTA class.

I do have a solid diff and a one way drive shaft.. so solid in the rear and one way up front (exact opposite to racing)

Can i put counter steer onto this thing?
from what i gather... i need to put a smaller tooth diff in the rear to make it rotate faster than the front diff?
is this even possible? anyone know of a diff with different teeth configurations?
ve been slowly upgrading my tt01 drift chassis for the last 2 years. and have a whole bunch of spare parts i need to get rid of. im currently waiting for my new steering linkages but once i install the new parts ill have a lot of stuff i would like to let go for cheap. I have 3racing=(Front one way, solid rear spool, adjustable suspension set F/R and aluminum front knuckles): Tamiya=(CF upper deck brace, sway bar w/mount F/R, Rear toe-in suspension hubs, aluminum ball bearing steering upgrade and a few other spare/option parts. also have many new Eagle racing spur gears, wide angle universals, and a few robinson racing pinion gears, Active hobby cs gears...etc If anyone is interested in any of these parts feel free to pm me. ill be taking pics and posting on the for sale forum once i get all the pieces together for a photo shoot and uploaded to photobucket. I got lots more too.

Originally Posted by Chiefy 707
The TT-01 is such a popular car, everything under the sun is available for it just about. I even found a hydrogen fuel cell conversion!
Anyways there are commercially available CS gearsets like this.

When you start going for the higher CS rates though then that's when you might want to start looking into higher angle steering and high angle CVD's.

You can overdrive the rear or underdrive the front to achieve CS.
wide angle universals, and cs gears are a good option as stated above.
Ive both underdriven the front as well as overdriven the rear for a really nice balanced throttle feel.