R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 02:52 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheZoof
Thank you for the tip. I understand how to fix it however on a new product, this shouldn't be necessary. Especially on $75 cvd units. I will see what Serpent has to say before making my own fix. I would expect them to send me the individual part of the out-drive that is manufactured incorrectly, at minimum.

There is always solution to a problem, except I should certainly get what I paid for before using it.
Interesting. I've had 3 sets of DCJ's in my cars, never had this issue. Seems strange that two seperate people have had the same problem... maybe a bad batch

Originally Posted by jimjav
I am having some issues during the built of the eryx,

I have too much side to side movement in the midle axle, I am talking about 2 mm, I have also the same issue in the spool. For the spool I have try another set of eccentrics that I have as spare in my toolbox and the results is the same. For the middle axle I will tray another sets of bearing but I donīt belive that this will resolve the problem

Anyone has the same problems? Ideas for solution?

My first impresions abour the few things that I have built is that the gear diff it's so good, and the new arms seem quite better

regards
As Holmenkollen said, shims are your friend here. Seems to be the same on all Eryx's (reminds me I need to check my centre shaft!)

Originally Posted by corallyman
Thanks for the answer Ed, I followed the manual or at least I meant too. I will double check later today. I think my rear shocks might be shorter than they need to be for the settings that I currently have on the car. Despite a slight rush job to get the car running, it was still pretty good. I really like the Eryx.
Yeah, don't be afraid of unwinding the shock bottom a bit if your struggling to get the droop.