View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Josh-n-ya
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1101
The build continues...almost finished.

3 issues:
The front bulkhead has a pre-stripped thread, or rather the thread isnt there. Its like the 1st 3/4 has been drilled too big leaving a tiny bit of thread right at the bottom. Just enough of a thread to catch the screw, it will fail so I'll have to order another bulkhead. No biggie.
The belt runs far too close to the steering post, it'll rub for sure
The middle pullies, nothing to hold them in tight, they will rub on the carbon things that holds it down. Just the way it is I guess.

The whole pully/belt/diff assembly certainly isnt particularly free, but wont matter too much with the motor I'll stick in this thing.

The yellow lipo kit rims look awefull & cheap, honestly, why bother even including them??
Didnt see the guy yesturday who used to run the xray gear diff. I had the same issue with one of my screws not grabbing in the bulkhead. The thread was there, just a little deeper! Try a longer screw. Make sure the steering assimbly is adjusted all the way up so the belt doesnt rub. Looking at my car the plastic servo holder closest to the belt was rubbing so I grinded it down a bit on one side. The Atomic aluminum ones dont rub. Make sure that the belts are free. You dont want them to tight!