R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - UF1 MIDWEST
Thread: UF1 MIDWEST
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 05:07 AM
Essnowyt
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigcracing
I just wanted some clarification of the tasks which I got and I am still trying to understand I there ging to be pitstops or is that not true and does the shorty packs last 15 mins or do I have to set up with my bigger packs to make 15 mins. And do we reshuffle after the first 15 min run to be bumped to another main or do we stay in the same main all 3 15 min races
Yes there will be pit stops. They are however simulated. There is a timing box device that should make an appearance at each event. After the first 5 minuets on the track he pit lane will open. One at a time the drivers visit pit lane and get a sticker placed on their cars. This shows they did in fact pit. Race stewards then trigger the pit box timer for the delay. After a set time, the device chirps and flashes a light and the driver is allowed to re-enter the race track.

I have a reedy 4100mah battery. It made the 15 minuets with no problems. I then put back in about 3100 mah per the charger. There is no need to actually change the battery.

There is no "reshuffle". You will start off the with the 15 min qualifying heat where your top five laps will set the heats for the day. The first 15 min race will be run in that order. Now where you finish in that first race then dictates what order your start in the heat for the next round. Points are then awarded for the the most laps and times in that round.

Example: Driver A TQ qualifying and starts first in the A group. Driver B is in the A group. Driver C is in the 2nd or B group. After the first race. Driver A got 90 laps, Driver B got 86 laps, and Driver C got 88 laps. Points then are awarded to Driver A at 100, Driver B at 98, and Driver C at 99. Each of the drivers stay in their respective heats for the 2nd 15 min race. Driver A will start first in the A group, Driver B will start second in the A group. Driver C will start first in the B group. Now if in the 2nd 15 min race Driver B gets more laps than Driver A, then the order will switch for the start of the 3rd 15 minute race for drivers A and B. Driver C is not affected as he is in the 2nd heat/B group.

I hope that helps.

Snowy.