R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New LRP Flow Esc
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Racing4Evo
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WNRacing
I've looked through pretty much the entire thread & still haven't really found a definitive answer..

I know the Flow has significant improvements for MOD racing, but what about "blinky?" Have any of you run side by side with either of the SXX 2's with or without the updated board?

Thanks!
I have all three. For blinky, the only advantage of the Flow is finer adjustment of the drag brake (LRP Term: initial brake). Other than that I felt no big difference in 17.5 or 13.5 blinky, also proven by identical lap times. It's smoother feeling might actually be a handicap in blinky since it makes the motor feel a little flat off the line.

BUT, If you have any inclination if running mod in the future, it most definitely is a much better Speedo than the old SXX V2. Thats where I really felt the huge improvments of the Flow. I went .2~.3 sec faster per lap in mod class. It's still not as smooth as the Orion R10 but I think LRP brakes are stronger and have better feel making the Flow an all around better choice for covering all the bases from blinky to mod.