R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - UF1 MIDWEST
Thread: UF1 MIDWEST
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 PM
BP SHADOW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

First off I am a little embarrassed to find out that this thread has been up and running although I havent been spending much time on Tech these days.
With that said. Some of the postings on here are exactly why we didnt take everyones opinion into account to put this together.
This was somewhat of a last minute effort on my part to line up the tracks , and work the schedule around a lot of other racing that is going on.
As far as the drops are concerned, the reason for dropping days has to do with the distance between tracks. In California most of the participants live within 2 hours of the race locations. My drive to Harbor was 6 hours each way, and I know that people came from further out. The idea was that if you couldnt travel to the furthest race then you could use a drop and still have a shot at the prizes, not to get saved from a bad day at the track. Some guys could only race one day this past weekend, so I was trying to help them out as well.
As far as deviating from the UF1 rules
1- As far as I can tell we havent deviated at all, the points tabulation will be finalized and I believe we will do it just like "The Left Coast"
2- There are many reasons for running the Pardus tires
a- They have a product that fits all chassis.
b- They are inexpensive
c- They take out the need for experimentation
d- I have been asked by the owner of the company to help build his brand in the US, I cant think of a better way than to use them in a race series.
3. I had no issues whatsoever with Eric, his staff, layout, etc.. The reason that I asked him to host is that he runs a first class operation.
As far as the curbs, every track should run them. The racing is much better with them, you still need boards to border the straights , but the corners offered a realistiic racing line and you could hang a wheel or two over them without hurting the car.
This type of racing is not for everyone, and quite frankly I dont want everyone to come race it. You can go to any track in the country and run 3 IFMAR qualifiers and a 6 minute main, that isnt what we are going for.
The pit stops were awesome, the racing was fast and competitive in all of the groups, and as the guy that threw this together I couldnt be happier with the outcome. For those of you who weren't there and think you know better, why dont you come run a race before you put in your $.02