R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jackson RC -2013- Outdoor Racing
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 11:58 AM
98NYFINESTVETTE
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
There are many good options available. You'll want to buy the highest C-rating and highest mah rating possible. Batteries continue to get better and better as the months and years go on. Maybe you should wait until we get closer to opening day?

Gearing is trial and error. Starting w/ a 4.0 FDR in 17.5 TC is always safe (but will probably be a little slow).

We like new guy questions. You can ask them in person if you like. Just come to Horsham RC on Saturdays.

Classes are somewhat driven by who we get to show up. If you have 5 people -- we will run that class. 'stock' touring car is the big class. Everything else is small potatoes. i think we've had 1 or 2 RCGT races in the four+ years i've been going to Jackson. VTA could be a more popular option as the speeds are slower, and many like the vintage bodies. we are starting to get a VTA turnout at Horsham RC. Again -- please come to Horsham before Jackson starts.

We are hosting the ROAR 2013 On-Road Carpet Nationals at Horsham March 14-17. Stop by -- see the Nations best on-road racers.
Thank you for the information. I will be away racing in Florida during the nationals. I will read the rules for the VTA class. I may be changing direction with the second car. LOL I really thought the RCGT class would have been a hit. LOL Is the RCGT class the same as the 1/10 Open TC class?
I am hoping to go to Horsham on the 23. I would like to practice before then. I really don't want to jump in on a race day, I don't think I will have to many friends at the end of the day. LOL But, if need be I will be there on the 23 to learn, practice and race.
Thanks again for answering all the questions.

Last edited by 98NYFINESTVETTE; 02-10-2013 at 01:46 PM.